January GFCC Meeting Minutes
Posted: Jan 25, 2011
Greater Fennville Chamber of Commerce Meeting Minutes
Board Members Present: Paul Hix, Bill Busscher, Sandi Busscher, Erica Ramos, Sue Gawaluch and Larry Fuerst.
• Call to Order /Pledge of Allegiance : 6:00 pm by Paul Hix
• Approval of prior Meeting Minutes: Motion made by Larry, 2nd Bill and approved by all.
• Treasurer’s Report: Martha Schrock absent. Prior report of $6,706.63 bal. in accounts. Clarity of budget requested on banquet so approval tabled until next month.
OLD BUSINESS: By-law review tabled until March as committee of Paul, Bill and Erica will be meeting to evaluate.
• Name Badges: Sandi has ordered them and they should be ready this week.
• Tribute to Tom Tucker: The board has decided to look into donating a park bench dedicated to Tom with the DDA’s new Street Scrape. Erica will inquire with DDA for approval.
• Membership: Martha Absent. Sandi will obtain price quote on member decals from local area business. Sue will be mailing membership renewal letters out this week and Paul will comprise a letter to be sent with new membership inquiries. Erica will look into obtaining area business list from Allegan County.
• Events: Sandi reported all is set for the annual banquet this Sat. evening. Details and evening schedule were discussed.
• Marketing/Website: Paul gave report and showed banner advertising concept. Hosting an After 5 workshop highlighting utilization of the website discussed to occur in Spring. Sandi made the request to have the P.R. job duties in writing with exact job duties/expectations to aid in obtaining the best utilization of our website. Paul will email list to board prior to Feb. meeting so the board can discuss at that meeting. Motion made by Bill, 2nd Larry and approved by all to amend the bylaws to state that no member will receive discounted rates or dues beginning January, 2011.
• Community Guides: Tom Tucker always took care of delivering our Community Guides and help is needed with this task. Larry offered to deliver a bundle to the MI Welcome Center near St. Joseph this week. Paul will make inquiry for this task at the banquet meeting and also mention board openings.
Meeting Adjourn: Motion made at 8:00 pm by Sandi, 2nd Larry and approved by all.
Next Meeting: February 28, 2011 at 6:00 p.m. at Fennville City Hall, 222 S. Maple St., Fennville, MI 49408