September 24, 2012
Board Members Present: Paul Hix, Bill Busscher, Sandi Busscher, Larry Fuerst, Hans Riem, Reba Peterson and Martha Wickett-Schrock. P.R. Rep., Annie Swier was also in attendance.
• Call to Order /Pledge of Allegiance: 6:00 pm by President, Paul Hix
• Approval of prior Meeting Minutes: Motion to accept by Martha, 2nd by Bill and approved by all.
• Treasurer’s Report: Balance of $6,922.97 in all accounts. Motion to accept report made by Sandi, 2nd by Hans and approved by all.
• Membership: 77 current year memberships/renewals received to date including new member, Transition-Local Fennville.
• Events: Sandi reported the Goose Festival planning is going well. Martha made motion to purchase magnetic signs with new logo on. 2nd by Hans and approved by all. A social networking event is being planned for mid-October. The Events Committee will need to meet soon to begin planning the Christmas Holiday event as well as the Annual Banquet Meeting to be held in January. Topic ideas for both the Social Networking and January Banquet were discussed.
• Marketing: Paul suggested a brainstorming session to work on how to improve the chamber. It was decided to meet on Nov. 13 at 6:00 p.m. at the Fennville Station for this special meeting.
• Community Guide: It was decided to switch the guide to the calendar year schedule. Annie will begin work on this project.
• Website: Martha will meet with Annie to evaluate our website and make any updates necessary, including current photos.
• Meeting Adjourn: Motion made at 7:05 pm by Sandi, 2nd by Larry and approved by all.
Next Meeting: October 22, 2012 at 6:00 p.m. at
Fennville City Hall
22 S. Maple St., Fennville, MI 49408