Board Members Present: Paul Hix, Bill Busscher, Sandi Busscher, Hans Riem,
Larry Fuesrt, Erica Ramos and Martha Wickett-Schrock.
- Call to Order
: 6:00 pm by President, Paul Hix
- Approval of prior Meeting Minutes: Motion to accept by Bill, 2nd by
Larry and approved by all.
- Public Comments: Guests, John Kramer and Rob Nichol
- Treasurer’s Report: Balance of $7,084.15 in all
accounts. Motion to accept report made
by Sandi, 2nd by Hans and approved by all.
that Reba had knee surgery and the board will have flowers sent to her. Erice offered to take care of ordering them.
- Membership: Approx. 57 current year memberships/renewals
to date, per Martha. A letter of
invitation was sent to a few prospective board members and the board will
continue to seek out recruits to join the board.
- Events: Our annual meeting/banquet was held on Sat.,
Jan. 26 and was successful. Erica is
working on the annual Easter Egg Hunt as well as working with the events
committee on putting together a schedule of events for the year. Possible event
topics are the Small Business Association and the Affordable Care Act. Sandi reported updates of the 2013 Goose
Festival and will look into insurance issues for the festival and Chamber. Erica offered to help with this task.
- Marketing: Martha and Erica continue looking to replace
Annie as our PR rep.
- Scholarship: Martha reported she will work with the school
regarding selection of the 2 Chamber scholarship recipients this year as Reba
will be recuperating from her surgery.
Ways to raise funds for the scholarship fund was discussed. Bill made the suggestion that next year we
put it on our membership renewal forms so people can add $10 or so to their
membership dues and pay at one time for dues and make a donation to the
- Adjourn Meeting: Motion made by Larry, 2nd by Sandi
at 7:01 p.m. and approved by all.
Next Meeting: March 25, 2013 at 6:00 p.m. at Fennville City