Board Members Present: Paul Hix, Bill Busscher, Sandi Busscher, Hans Riem, Rob Nichol, Erica Ramos and Martha Wickett-Schrock.
Call to Order: 6:07 pm by President, Paul Hix
Approval of prior Meeting Minutes:
Treasurer’s Report: Balance of $9,871.84 in all accounts. Motion to accept report made by Bill, 2nd by Hans and approved by all.
- Membership: Approx. 79 current year memberships/renewals to date, per Martha. A few names of potential board members were brought up and Paul will contact them to discuss.
- Events: The recent Happy Horse Hour event went well. Erica is looking at ideas for future networking events such as S.C.O.R.E.
- Marketing: Until we find a replacement for the position that Annie Swier held, Lisa Schaeffer (employee of the DDA) will assist the chamber with tasks.
- Scholarship: Paul presented the two chamber scholarships to FHS seniors Seth Schut and Katie Phelps.
- Goose Festival: Discussion was held by the board regarding allowing the festival to remain under the umbrella of the chamber. Sandi, (also the executive of the festival) will email insurance information to the board members for review and Martha will check with the chamber accountant regarding the accounting of the festival within the realm of the chamber. Final decision will be made via email as the Goose Festival committee needs approval as soon as possible.
- Adjourn Meeting: Motion made by Sandi, 2nd by Rob at 7:14 p.m. and approved by all.
Next Meeting: June 24, 2013 at 6:00 p.m. at Fennville City Hall