Call to Order at 6:02 by resident, Bill Busscher and Pledge
of Allegiance recited by all.
Roll Call: Bill /
Sandi / Larry
/ Jodi /
Linda / Barb / Celeste Absent:
Agenda Review : Bill
announced the resignation of Reba Peterson.
Prior Meeting Minutes: Motion
to Approve made by Larry 2nd
by Barb and Approved by All
Treasurer’s Report: Linda
presented written report with balance of $7,430.31 Motion to Approve by Sandi, 2nd by Celeste and Approved by All
- Christmas :
Sandi, chair : Bill reported the proposed changes from the chamber
board to the Fennville DDA board. A
committee with members from each organization was formed to work on the
- Winter Banquet –Sandi, chair : formed committee with Barb, Linda and Jodi
and will begin working on the event.
- Summer Concerts-Linda, chair : 2014 summer concerts went well. The board expressed desire to continue having
the Schrocks book the bands. It was
decided to try start the 2015 series a week or two later in June and run longer in August.
- Summer Banquet-Jodi, chair : Jodi will begin to work on soon.
- Easter-Celeste, chair :
- Membership/Recruitment-Barb, chair: Barb will get chamber letterhead printed
and has been gathering information needed for the position.
- Scholarship-Bill, chair: Linda suggested a selection put on event
invitations to read “I cannot attend
but would like to make a donation to the
scholarship fund” to help increase donations.
- Marketing/Website- Sandi, chair: Discussion held regarding quality and ease
of current website. Sandi will work with
Mary on solutions to improve. Board is
pleased with Mary’s work and dedication.
- Community Guide-Jodi, chair: Sandi reported she is having reminder sent
via email to members approximately every
2 weeks that guides are available for
pick up and that she has also delivered quite a few to members and area tourist
- Strategic Planning: Bill reported the board held a strategic
planning session on August 4 with great success. The 2nd meeting is planned for
- Chamber Board of Directors photo taken by Kevin
- Jodi reported that Dr. Icabone will be hosting a
ribbon cutting for his remodeled facility on October 4.
Next Meeting : Monday, September 22 at 6:00 p.m. at the
Fennville City Hall
Adjournment: Motion at 7:16 by Sandi, 2nd by Linda and Approved by All