November Greater Fennville Chamber of Commerce Meeting Minutes
Posted: Nov 23, 2010
Board Members Present: Paul Hix, Bill Busscher, Sandi Busscher, Martha Wickett-Schrock, Jim Lytle and Sue Gawaluch.
• Meeting called to order at 5:58 pm by President Paul Hix.
• Pledge of Allegience recited by all
• Approval of Prior Meeting Minutes: Motion by Sue, 2nd by Martha and approved by all.
• Public Comments: Dawn S. of Blue Coast Artists presented a proposal that the Greater Fennville Chamber of Commerce allow the Blue Coast Artists to be able to apply for grants under our organization. Motion made by Sandi, 2nd by Sue and approved by all.
• Treasurer's Report: Martha reported total in all accounts of $7,088.87. Motion for approval by Sandi, 2nd by Sue and approved by all.
• By-Laws: Motion made by Sandi, 2nd by Bill and approved by all to amed our by-laws to allow voting by proxy. (ie: email)
• Website: Martha and Paul reported that the new website is up and running and that certain officers have email addresses to assist in proper handling of emails. To date the website change expenses are $1,645 plus $662.95 for 9 yrs. of hosting fees. Jim will keep calendar updated, provide articles on new members and provide articles for the Allegan News Chamber edition that runs monthly.
Paul reported that he is working with webmaster Ken on developing member advertising spaces (free and also paid spots) for the site.
• Membership: Martha reported 71 members.
• Events: Martha reported that the Oct. networking event went very well. The board hopes to see another event in March and wants to find other business members to host.
Sandi reported the Christmas parade and festivities plans are going well. Motion made by Jim, 2nd by Martha to give a $100 donation to the Children's Museum for use of their facilitiy for Santa & Mrs. Claus photos, etc. and was approved by all. Jim will be parade announcer and board members will assist with the evenings events.
Sandi reported that the annual Chamber banquet plans are under way and that the forms for Citizen and Business of the Year noninees should go out very soon to members via email and on the website. Sue will work on this.
• Newsletters: Jim will continue to write the Chamber news for the Allegan News and this will be posted on the Chamber website. The website committee is looking to find someone to write personalized news highlighting numerous member businesses for our website and to write press releases, etc. Martha will be working on this.
• Grants: Martha reported that she has written grants within a division of the Allegan County Community Foundation for Tuesday Concerts in the Park and the Chamber website coordinator. For grant purposes, a budget of $2400 to be listed for website coordinator was made in a motion by Bill, 2nd by Sue and approved by all and a budget of $4500 to be listed for Tuesday concerts was made in motion by Jim, 2nd by Bill and approved by all. Martha will take care of this.
• Public Comments: A letter of request from Fennville United Methodist Church was read and it was decided to place their request on our website for full membership viewing.
• Motion to Adjourn: 7:45 by Sandi, 2nd by Jim and approved by all.
Next Meeting: January 24, 2011 at 6:00 pm at Fennville City Hall
**** (NOTE: NO meeting in December)